Learn how to make pupusas, the national dish of El Salvador, delicious corn corn cakes stuffed with beans, cheese, or meats, served with cabbage slaw.
– In a mixing bowl, combine the masa harina and salt. Stir in warm water to form a dough. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth and pliable.1
– Divide the dough into golf ball-sized portions. Cover with a damp cloth to prevent drying.2
– Flatten each dough ball to form a thick patty. Place shredded cheese (or beans, meat, or combo) in the center of the masa patty.3
– Fold the edges of the dough over the filling, then seal to form a ball again. Flatten each stuffed dough balls to form thick tortillas. – Heat the vegetable oil in a pan. Coo
– Serve warm with curtido (pickled cabbage slaw).&
Enjoy!Enjoy!White Dotted ArrowSwipe up to get the full recipe, plus cooking and serving tips!Swipe up to get the full recipe, plus cooking and serving tips!
More RecipesCurtido (Salvadoran Cabbage Slaw)Chile de Arbol Salsa